Stitching Along.....


~~~
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday so far
~

Amy from Inspire Co. is turning 39 this year
so, she came up with this
adorable little stitchalong project
so we could all celebrate with her
*
*
Every day for 39 days
you do a freehand whatever comes into your head
1 inch square of stitching or embellishing!!
The idea is to post each square everyday!
You can follow along on the 39 squares blog
or there is a Flickr site to
see all of the creative minds at work daily.
~
I figured, what the heck,
have not handstitched in about 20 years
and this would be a great way to get back into it...
nevermind having to come up with
39 totally different ideas...
at least you have a day
to think about it
and you only have to fill 1 inch square.
~
Well, I jumped on the bandwagon
a couple of days late
and did my first 7 squares at once.
I gathered my supplies,
threads,
notions,
needles,
embellies
and off I went
~
I thought I would do a Spring theme
(how original I know)

Day 1

A rainbow





Day 2
A Butterfly



Day 3

You know how I feel about Flowers

(this will not be the last)


Day 4

Eau de JOY

Day 5

A little abstract




Day 6

Lace and Pearls

Day 7

Cupcake ----Yummy





All together they look so sweet......who knew
stitching could be so much fun
I know they are not perfect
But, neither am I
You can still join in.....pop over to 39 squares
and leave a comment for Amy
and she will include your blog on the listing!!
~
Now...don't just sit there...
get those creative juices flowing
~
Happy Sunday!!
xOxO Nerina

Comments

  1. your squares look greyt compliments
    ciao
    joan in italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! This is the cutest thing ever Nerina! What an awesome idea, and how adorable this is so far! Wow.......very VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omygosh!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these SQUARES!!! Sooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rainbow is especially delightful - your squares are charming and so springy - here in the Northwest we are having a little mini, early spring and other than the butterfly I think I have seen all your blocks in my garden!
    ros wistful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nerina!
    The squares are so cute!!! I can only imagine that this may be an addictive pastime???? :)
    That looks like so much fun!
    XOXOX
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable your squares are! I thought that the one you called abstract was a cloud.

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're incredibly talented.
    And amazingly gifted.
    Every time I stop by.
    My spirit is lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how darling! have a wonderful week! susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely idea. I saw some other girls who were doing this too. How sweet! Your work is gorgeous of course!! Have a great week ahead.
    Take care,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I can't wait to see more and how you will "display it" when you are finished? :) Have a beautiful and creative week...keep those fingers stitching! xo..deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your squares are lovely! The colors and designs make me feel so Spring-like. thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this on another blog last week and thought I might try it. I still might if I can find the right fabric. Your piece is so cute. I love the little flower with the button. You have SO inspired me.

    Thanks for stopping by today. Please come back anytime. You have a great blog!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your squares.....my favorite is the butterfly :) Oh and by the way....I love gardening and CANDY too :) lol Maybe it's a girl thing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful. Just really beautiful. Cant wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!

    I'm doing Stitch-a-Long with you. I wanted to go through and visit everyone and leave a comment if I love what you're doing...and I love what you're doing! I like your Spring theme.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. The squares are gorgeous and so are those flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts