A Day in May


When I was in elementary school
 about grade 2 or 3 
we had an annual event 
it was called

 'A Day in May'  

It was a super fun day 
filled with games, prizes, crafts
tables filled with home baked goodies for sale
raffles and just all around
the best day ever  

We looked forward to this day all year
 we made signs 
organized teams, rallied our parents to bake
 and 
find items around our homes
 for the raffles and craft tables.

I guess at that innocent age 
it was all about fun
 a day for joy, friendship and laughter
Fun Fairs and Spring Soirees 
were all the rage 





Now
 I think of dancing around the May Pole
when I think 
of the first Day in May




Watering the garden
 and 
helping those seeds you planted
 and 
that grass you cultivated 
with loving care to grow 
and 
make your world a prettier
 greener
 and 
happier place



for some
 this is the day 
to re-Occupy 
for the rights of workers



for others
it is all about marching for your cause 
using this historic day to bring light 
to whatever you are passionate about



I hope you created a little happy history today!

What does May Day bring to mind for you??

Peace and Hugs

Nerina
xOxO


Comments

  1. I remember that too. We also left flowers on doors in little hangers and your rang the bell and ran and hid so people didnt know where they came from...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts