Strawberry Tuesday !!

Right down the street from us about 15 minutes is this fantastic Berry Farm, they do strawberry picking in the summer as well as raspberries and blueberries. Pumpkins in the fall. They have hay rides, mazes. Sell freshly canned fruit and homebaked pies, corn on the cob from the barbeque and it is tons of fun for the whole family.
Whittamore's Berry Farm

Gorgeous on the vine, ripe for the picking, don't wear white..these suckers stain



Place the freshly picked berries in a bowl, take them home and start creating



Strawberries topped with sugar with a side of mint

Spinach Salad with Spinach topped with pine nuts and tahini dressing


Strawberry Pastry


Strawberry-Orange Trifle

I could not leave you with this image and not supply the recipe.....MMmmmm!!!


Prep: 15 min., Stand: 10 min., Chill: 1 hr.
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings

Ingredients
1 qt. strawberries, halved
4 oranges, sectioned and halved
2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 (11.3-oz.) jar lemon curd
1 1/2 sleeves shortbread cookies, crushed
Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
Preparation
1. Toss together first 4 ingredients, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and lemon curd at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually increase mixer speed, beating until medium peaks form.
3. Layer one-third each of fruit mixture and curd mixture in a large bowl. Top with half of crushed cookies. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining one-third fruit mixture and curd mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Keebler Sandies Simply Shortbread cookies.

Southern Living Magazine, MARCH 2008




Tiramasu with Strawberries


Now I must go as I am for some reason really craving strawberries!!

Have a fantastic day!!

Nerina :)

Comments

  1. Yum, that strawberry pastry looks GOOD! For breakfast I sometimes make a strawberry "sandwich". Spread some cream cheese on toast, slice up some strawberries and then springkle sugar/cinnamon on top of the srawberries! Yummy! Mini hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both! LOL

    Hi Nerina :)

    I wanted to come by and say thank you so much for that sweet comment you left at Aimee's blog!

    Now I'm off to find some strawberries myself... ;)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries, I actually cut some up and put them in my salad that I had for lunch yesterday but my absolute favorite is strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those strawberries looks so yummy! What did you make with the ones you picked?
    ((hugs)) Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts