I would like to wish all of
my Friends and Family in the U.S.A.
a Bountiful and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.
I thought I would share a recipe for this Yummy desert.
The recipe is from MyRecipies.com
and if you take a peek at their site
you will find many more scrumptious treats
to fill your home with glorious scents,
not to mention your tummys!!
Apple-Cranberry-Currant Pie with French Topping
Makes 10 to 12 servings
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup currants
1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
About 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
6 tablespoons plus 1 cup unbleached or regular all- purpose flour
1 tablespoon finely shredded orange zest
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/4 lb.)
10-inch pie pastry for a single-crust pie
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into chunks
1. In a small bowl, combine brandy and currants. Cover and let stand until currants are plump, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
2. Preheat oven to 375°. Sort cranberries and discard any that are bruised or decayed. Rinse and drain berries.
3. In a large bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. With a slotted spoon, lift currants from brandy; reserve brandy. Add currants, cranberries, and apples to sugar mixture and mix well. Taste and add more granulated sugar if desired. Pour filling into unbaked 10-inch pie pastry in pan. Drizzle evenly with reserved brandy.
4. In another bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub with your fingers until mixture forms small lumps. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Set pie in a foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan or 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
5. Bake on the bottom rack until juices bubble around edges and through topping, 55 to 65 minutes. If pie browns too quickly (check after 30 minutes), cover loosely with foil.
6. Set pie, uncovered, on a rack until cool to touch, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cut into wedges.
Enjoy the day whether you are just chillin,
relaxing with family
watching some football games
or stuffing your adorable little faces....keep smilin.....
cause we all can find so much to be thankful for!!
Big Hugs XoXo