Movie Party Anyone !!


Summer is drawing to a close


and what better way to spend those

last lazy days of summer


than an old fashioned movie night

in your own backyard!!






Renting Equipment
Contact an audio-visual rental business in your area or look online. They have all sizes of inflatable screens now.

Film Projector
It can be tricky to use unless you're experienced at it. An LCD projector is less complicated and more readily available. Be sure to ask the rental company for any safety considerations regarding outdoor use.

Run-Through
Consider testing the lighting, power, and sound the night before. Then, take care of everything technical before your guests arrive so the show is ready to go with the touch of a button. A technical delay will make the show run longer, and kids can get antsy quickly.

In Case of Rain
Have a back-up plan. If there are unexpected drops, unplug equipment at the source immediately and move it indoors.

Rent some classics or off-beat films to make the whole experience so much more special.

Some suggestions:
'Finding Nemo', 'Star Wars', 'ET', 'Gremlins', 'Titanic', 'Family Vacation'


Your gonna need some snacks

Popcorn balls

Makes about 56

  • 4 quarts popped popcorn
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 10 ounces marshmallows
  • 6 ounces white chocolate
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • Vegetable-oil cooking spray

Directions
  1. Sprinkle popcorn with salt. Melt butter in a large pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and chocolate; cook, stirring until melted.
  2. Remove from heat; stir in almonds and popcorn. Shape into balls using a 2-inch ice-cream scoop coated with cooking spray. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let stand 30 minutes. Can be stored airtight up to 1 day.



Something to wash it down

Lemonade


Fresh lemonade seems to be just the thing for picnics or barbecues, and making it couldn't be simpler. This perennial favorite requires just 3 ingredients: lemon juice, sugar, and water. This means it won't take much time away from a leisurely summer afternoon to mix a batch. To make 2 quarts, pour 3 cups of fresh lemon juice (from about 20 lemons) through a fine sieve into a pitcher. Add 2 cups of superfine sugar, and stir until it has dissolved. Stir in 4 cups of water and some ice, and then garnish with lemon slices.



Cozy Cushions

Comfy Blankets



Invite friends,

grab the neighbours,

get the family out

and ENJOY!!!



Hugs xOxO, Nerina



Comments

  1. Oh Nerina:
    I love this post. Honey this is such a sweet idea. How much fun. The grandkids would love a night like this. Strangely enough, it is raining, yes I said raining here today. Imagine that Rain here in Phoenix. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. Hope you have fun at the movies, and will share some of the festivities. Country hugs, Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you chose this topic for today's post. Just this morning there was an article in the Coronado paper about outdoor movies here and on the USS Midway that is berthed across the bay. Even funnier is the movie that is showing in the park tomorrow night - Night at the Museum! Good thing about Southern California in the summer is no threat of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post and what a wonderful idea! All your photos are awesome!! Can you believe the summer is almost over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg so cute! I wish I had a house, I would be doing this all this weekend!! stupid Vancouver and high prices to buy homes... I own a tiny one bedroom and I don't think it would have the same effect in it lol
    xox
    tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute idea!!!!! maybe when it cools down

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!!! Your post had such great information. I always love visiting your Blog...

    If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I put up a new post today of my pillow featured in Romantic Homes magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a grand idea. Unfortunately, I live in South Florida where nothing is as unpredictable as the weather in summer. I think I'll wait til winter and do it for a football game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nerina, are you kidding me? This is like the COOLEST idea ever! Are you really doing this in your back yard??? Oh I wish I was your neighbor...I would SO be there! The kids would love to do this...heck, even the adults too!!!! You are totally thinking OUTSIDE the box girl...I LOVE IT!!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea my smart friend!!

    I love all your extra's too, I would just love this.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys....it is such a fun thing to do!! Years ago when my husband worked for a film studio we got the 16mm projectors and films and screened for a couple of weekends in a row on the side of our house. We watched Toy Story, The Rock and a couple of others. The neighbours loved it and the kids went crazy!! Talk about a block party!! Your should try it....its awesome!!
    xOxO Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely fab.idea!You posted it so well too,I want to have all those yummies and comfy items,for mine.
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds great. I'll just come to YOUR party and save myself the hassle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that sounds like a wonderful thing to do right now.
    Hugs
    SOnia

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a FABULOUS IDEA!!!!! Of course living in Arizona.....we would have to do this in November as the tempature's at 10 PM at night are still over 100 degrees! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea. I love the outdoor movie thing. It's been ages since I have been to one so now I can just make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your post!!! Thank you for all your nice comments on my blog, and sorry I got back to you so late...Have a nice day!!! From AK;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super idea - especially all the delish extras!

    Will be right over - any chance of icecream in the interval?!!

    Have wonderful weekend!

    xxxLOL LOLA:)
    btw thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Movie night sounds awesome! That would be so much fun. Thanks for the comment on my blog. You should definitely do the show if your heart is saying Yes!! :) I really have nothing to lose by doing mine. Even though I had to borrow $400 for the fee, I already have several cakes booked for October, which will give me that amount back if I don't book any events during the show. So it was really a no-lose situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My son's neighborhood does this twice a month and everyone brings pot luck. The entire neighborhood looks forward to the bimonthly get together and truly strong bonds have formed in their little community. What a wonderful blog you hve!
    smiLes
    DarLie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nerina!

    Whoa........now that looks like a GREAT evening....I would love to do that with my little grandson.....ok, he's really not so little, but still.......

    I haven't made popcorn balls in about 20 years.....I'm kinda craving them now.

    I actually have one of those very, very cozy throws.......... IN PINK! Delish.

    Have a wonderful weekend....

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts