Summer fun!!


It was a magnificent day Saturday!!
Had some visitors and it was a scorcher!!

Now if you know me, you know that
I don't like to don a bathing suit.

Well, it was so hot Saturday that
I actually went swimming in our pool..
..I know, can you believe it.

It was tons of fun, and you know what..
..I went back in on Sunday as well as Monday!

I forgot what it felt like to be in the water...glorious!!

~~~~~~

Saturday night we went to visit friends who live 150 feet

from the docks for a party at the Marina!!









Pig on a spit, Regatta members ready for some fun,
catching up with friends from yesteryear....live band!!!



Everyone got involved... some went up on stage for a song!!




Fantastic...danced the night away!!






Until the last song, when the drummer (an old friend)
came on the microphone and said 'OK folks we will play this
last song for all of you boaters out there,


Jimmy Buffet, 'Margaritaville'.

YAY!!!, I thought, until I heard this... 'oh and one last thing'


'Nerina, would you please come up on the stage
and play the tambourine'

Seriously....your kidding right...


...I don't do things in front of people,

don't like to be singled out. OMG..


...what can you do, everyone's looking at you


and giving you the nudge/shove.......so....up I go!!






Ya...that's me with the jeans


and what looks like a light in my hands



It was actually quite fun...I'm not about to do it again...
...but it was fun and really capped the evening nicely!!


Our hosts ~ Carol and James...


....Thanks guys....Good Times!!!


~~~~~

We have been quite busy getting ready for back to school.

We are off to go shopping now..

...maybe a swim later...crazy, I know



Have a great day!!

Hugs xOxO, Nerina:)




Comments

  1. What a fantastic party & fun to be playing the tambourine! But that's what summer is all about, isn't it - dancing the night away & having fun!!

    Lovely post - hope you're having a great week too!

    xxLOL LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Nerina! You certainly know how to have fun! You look fabulous up there on stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you, GF! What a fab party! I agree with Karyn you look like you belong on stage! Our pool is looking so inviting . . . maybe I'll have to jump in! Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! Way to get down on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Glad you are over your swimsuit phobia! LOL! You evening at the Marina sounds wonderful!!! It's always nice to have a night out with good friends. Now go get in that pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a FABULOUS TIME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! Now you are famous! yay!
    What a wonderful night it seemed to be...you have some wonderful friends! Such great memories too!
    And...glad to hear you are bonding with your pool too! ;)
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time. What way to end the night - Jimmy Buffett - he is my all-time favorite. I have all 35, or whatever number it is, of his CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time on a beautiful summer night! I hope you have more before fall rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go girlfriend! It looks like such a fun party. Good on you for taking the dive too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable girl! Good for you getting up on stage!! And for donning the swimsuit, I bet you looked fantastic in it! What a fun party! xOxO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts