Serene Sunday !!

Body, Mind, Energy and Conciousness

"The flow of energy through a system

acts to organize that system."

(H. J. Morowitz: Energy Flow in Biology)


Yoga and meditation are learned in steps. First, simple poses; later the methods become finer, the effects more subtle, the meditation alive and creative. You can choose from the many different methods of yoga and use them as you wish.

The learning process can be experienced as a development. It is not a question of who is the most supple or whether you have interesting experiences. Rather, it is about attaining harmony and becoming one with yourself.


Sounds like a bunch of crazy talk,

I know, but really, you will be so happy

that you tried this.

The basic stretches and breathing, benefit everyone!!



By using breathing exercises (pranayama) precisely and regularly, the nervous system can be strengthened, tension and depression can be removed - along with bringing the two brain halves into a better balance.

German doctors from Hanover and Colonge have conducted laboratory studies on teachers and students. They concluded that there is no method or medication as effective in normalising the blood pressure as the breathing exercises in yoga.

Through breathing exercises, you get to know your energy and, with a new sensitivity, you can begin to control it. This way the yogi can regulate the functions in the nervous system which are normally outside the influence of the will.

The effects of this show in daily life as increased creativity and concentration. When the energy flows are purified, it’s hard to block mentally and give up.

The use of attitudes (Mudra) and locks (Bandha) relaxes and increases awareness in certain areas of the body ‑ the so called Chakras. These have a special importance for the harmonic unity between body, mind and energy.




Through the Mudras, you also become aware of the relationship between your state and the energy field of your body. If worries or sickness have limited your energy field, the Mudras can bring it back to its full and natural form.



By regular use of the poses, the body grows used to being relaxed. The blood circulation is increased in the inner organs and their functions are regulated. Some exercises touch upon specific areas in the body (eg. eye exercises and back exercises). Others influence the body as a whole.


Freedom

Grace

Strength

Balance

Young

and older


Five main Principles:

Proper Relaxation


Proper Exercise

Proper Breathing


a Proper Diet


and

Positive Thinking & Meditation



To your health !!

Try it sometime!!


Namaste

xOxO, Nerina :)

Comments

  1. Another wonderful post, Nerina! I need to make time to do Yoga again. Namaste Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended Yoga classes some time back & really enjoyed them! Your lovely pics make me want to start up again!! Now!

    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday,

    xxxLOL LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....I sooooooooooo wish I could do this....but with a permanent tumor in my wrist....I have never been able to do certain things with my hand....bummer! Great post! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I have never tried yoga before, looks like I've been missing out! I must get started right away! Thanks for sharing this!!!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure make it sound great...it actually looks very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done pilates and tai-chi. I did yoga breathing with pilates, but some day I might try yoga.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so need to get back into yoga, I keep putting if off. Thanks for putting it back in my mind darling ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nerina....

    Years ago a friend, who loves yoga, bought me a DVD and had a little lesson with me to get me started. We laughed until we hurt....you've never seen a gal as uncoordinated as I am..it was NOT pretty! Wish I could do it.

    Hugs! :-)

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not crazy talk to me. I was once a yoga instructor in Switzerland. That last pose is pretty hard to achieve! These days I just do a pose once in a while and have my focus more on meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I love your pink Saturday posts. Loved the pink apron with the large print! Looking forward to visiting again. Blessings...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could do yoga. I have knees that don't allow me to even sit cross-legged without pain. I never feel like I'm getting the full effect since I am unable to do a lot of the poses in the way they are meant to be done. I do my meditating (mostly) while I am walking each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nerina! I love, love, love this post ~ I actually signed up with Studio Sabai here where I live, and will start Yoga in September!! I am so excited, I know that it will only be GOOD for me! I am going to run Track at the High School while my kids are in school, and change up my Diet, etc..The photo with the "Older" woman at the end of your post, WOW!!! Oh my gosh, look at that!! Hope you have a beautiful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can say first hand that Prana breathing techniques made a vast improvement in my sleep and relaxation.
    It sounded silly at first but did wonders for my health and well being.

    smiLes
    DarLie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - A blogger friend of mine found your blog and forwarded it to me. The pic of the "Young" ones happens to be my girls. Kind of funny how the web works sometimes:) We were both blown away! Glad someone found my website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Anonymous, I actually don't know your website, I just googled yoga and these are the pics I found. If you would like me to remove the picture of your girls, by all means let me know and I will do so promptly. Unfortunately, I do not have contact info for you. Thanks so much for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts